Thursday

My First Hunter Guide

Woot I am now on youtube channel, the address is the hunters sanctuary
I'm still a little rough around the edges with Windows Movie Maker but i am getting there. Here is my first crack at it. Forgive the low volume if you have issues.



Sorry for the low volume on the video. I am really struggling to sort out audio levels between World of Warcraft and my microphone. Either I’m too low and wow is too loud or the other way round I can’t find a good balance. I am using FRAPS and Windows Movie Maker if you have and ideas on how I can level my audio out or at least increase my mic input volume which currently is at max that I can see. I’ve tried to microphone/ headsets and both give a low input volume. Any way to add-ons...


Omni-CC
A small subtle add-on that give you a numerical countdown for all you and your pet skills and abilities.

Kharthuss-hunter-timers
A running timer buff add-on that indicates active hunter and pet buffs as well a number of racials and trinket PROCS (inc Heroism and Darkmoon Cards)

CT buffs – CT Mod Advanced

This package contains: CT_Core v3.017, CT_BarMod v3.019, CT_BottomBar v3.017, CT_BuffMod v3.011, CT_ExpenseHistory v3.005, CT_MailMod v3.008, CT_MapMod v3.006, CT_PartyBuffs v3.005, CT_Timer v3.006, CT_Viewport v3.005.
I however just use CORE and CT_MailMod and CT_BuffMod in my Interface/Addons folder so I don’t have 2 bar addons running.

Power Auras Classic
An add-on to provide Audio and Visual stimulus for buffs and debuffs and PROCS
Blood Arrows PAC Guides Part 1 and Part 2 check out his blog posts on these for his Aura-String and URL for the audio files used in the guide
How to import these into Power Auras

1. Right click on one of "download" links on Blood Arrows post save "Save Target As." the file to your computer.
2. Open file with a text editor (like notepad.exe)
3. Open Power Auras in World of Warcraft ('type /powa')
4. Click "Import" button.
5. Paste the contents of the text file into the Aura-string, and click "Accept"
6. The aura will be instantly created in Power Auras.
7. Repeat for each of the auras you want to try.
Please note: some auras wont show until the add-on sees the buff or debuff on you. So when creating new ones for example “Rapid Fire” create the “Aura” then after coming out of the menu Activate Rapid Fire you should then see the Aura or Symbol you have used to then adjust where on the screen it appears and size. If it doesn’t appear wait for the cooldown and try again. It should work. It took me a few tries on some auras for it to show on screen.

MSBT – Miks Scrolling Battle txt

Scrolling damage text and notifies of PROCS and ability cooldowns. This can also be configures to give audio signal for cooldowns too. This is difficult to configure to start with to give the Audio indicators e.g.- “Serpent Sting Out” etc but these two videos helped greatly. I watched these over and over until I understood how these where done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4r6LYYCwOc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFd4wYoZpSs

Pet Info

To remind you to feed your pet or if you have the Glyph of Mend Pet to use Mend Pet to keep your pet happy and doing 125% damage. Note that you can use Mend pet in combat so having this glyph will mean you can keep your pet happy even if in combat. Whereas without the glyph you would have to come out of combat before feeding your pet.

Viper Notify

A reminder to swap Aspects fro Viper to Dragonhawk when mana is full and Aspect of the Viper is still on. An Audio and Visual stimulus that can be set at different thresholds other than 100% mana if you want to know when your mana is at a level you deem full enough.

Z hunter
A collapse able bar add-on for all aspects of a hunter. Traps, Aspects, Pet skills even MD notify to raid/ party. I use it to keep bars at a minimum and free up screen space. It can be set to not collapse and left or right extensions if required. I also use the MD functionality for /raid chat to notify the tank I’m “Misdirecting to” that a mob will been interested in him. This also covers your back to show you have MD’d the target the Raid Leader may have been asked you to and also to coordinate with other hunters in the raid who may MD the same tank in a chain MD pull or various other tanks in a sequence pull. It can also give the tank that you are misdirecting to an indication you are struggling with threat if say a Feign Death has been resisted or if his/her Threat per Second is too low and to kick it up a notch. Screaming your threat (tps) is rubbish usually falls on deaf ears. So show you are trying to reduce your threat and are giving him some of it through Misdirect.


I hope this guide has been a help and please leave me feed back so I know what to change and do better for next time.

Happy Hunting

Saphirestar

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment