Saturday

The Quest for the Ring – The Prologue

Oooooooooooo it’s great being a MMO noob again. Having no clue what I’m doing, where I’m going, no idea what my class can do, or what it’s role is.

I’ve chosen Lore-Master, which surprisingly I didn’t know was a pet class till i got my Raven as lvl 2. I specifically didn’t go for hunter as that’s the first class I always take. But, lo and behold i chose a pet class. It’s destiny!

So Raven in hand I’m off to save the world of men.

ss2 My Lore master Fleata with her Blood Raven (Raven with Blood Amulet)

My sister has been playing LOTRO of and on for about a year and she has been taking me round and showing me the sites, helping me lvl and giving me gear :) woot for sibling who play MMOS :)

ss3

 

This is my Sister’s Bard and myself on my first day in Bree-Land.

 

 

 

Reflections and First Impressions

The game is lovely graphically, the story is immersive, the NPC’s have some funny, albeit surly outbursts at the poor quester and the Quests are maybe a little samey as WoW but, none the less fun to do and better with a friend.
My one issue is the in game quest helper with isn't the greatest in the world, being rather hit and miss with what quests it will help you with and ones it wont, but this cam be gotten round with all the various quest helping sites, wiki’s and databases. Which in my first 3 days on LOTRO have been invaluable. Yes reading the quest properly helps, but sometimes they are so god damn vague or say west  of the place you where when you got he quest. 2 days later “where was I when i picked it up?” no clue so yeah its best to bookmark the best LORTO quest help databases and wiki.

It’s not WoW by any means, but its close, and this may put people off that want to get away from WoW, for some it may be just what they need. For me I’m not so sure yet, but enjoying the experience, and best of all ITS FREE from 10th SEPT.
LOTRO goes FREE TO PLAY so after my 14-30 day (I have no idea what I have) trial ends I wont have to pay a subscription.

So I can play both WoW and LOTRO and not have to fork out 2 subscriptions.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment